Thursday 5 March 2015

thinks



Twenty years from now you will
be more disappointed by the
things you didn’t do than by the
ones you did do.  So throw off the
bowlines.  Sail away from the safe
harbor.  Catch the trade winds in
your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.” 

 

the quote above is rumoured to have been authored by Mark Twain but (as you'll see if you click on that link) that may be apocryphal. Whoever penned that, it's a gem.
I wish I had read and taken it to heart forty years ago. 
Fingers crossed I get another chance, am not reincarnated as a cockroach and have the good sense to take the plunge!

however if Mae West is right
there's only one go at it.

guess I'd better get cracking!

8 comments:

  1. And don't forget... "too much of a good thing can be Wonderful"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this quote last week and it was the catalyst for me to do something incredibly brave that I had been intending to do for thirteen years. Here it is again. Thanks for clearing up the attribution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to me dear India, that you have filled your days with dreams and discoveries. you've traveled around the world, you've shared your knowledge with countless artists, you appreciate the wild around you and within you.
    It intrigues me - what are you wishing for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looking back at a couple or three occasions on which I could have shown a little more intestinal fortitude and made some braver choices....

      Delete
  4. Judy has written more or less what I was going to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.”
    xo, j

    ReplyDelete
  6. “Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.”
    xo, j

    ReplyDelete